552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Change of Plans

I was going to post about the big sports news of the day, the Atlanta Thrashers/Ottawa Senators deal, but I just didn't have much to say about it. Dany Heatley's one of the best players in the game... but he needs to get away from Atlanta. Too many bad memories. I would be bummed that he's leaving, but the Thrashers are getting Marian Hossa and Greg DeVries in exchange, and it's not like either of them are slouches.

Then I thought of making an uplifting post about Julio Franco's 47th Birthday. The Braves' infielder/pinch hitter is the oldest active player in major league baseball. He's hit nine home runs this season. "ET" was the number one movie when he made his major league debut. Oh, and three of his current teammates weren't even born when he made his major league debut.

But then he struck out in his only plate appearance tonight. And the Braves lost 10-1. So much for that.

So instead, I'll post about stuff that isn't sports related at all.

Because it makes me laugh, I'll post about the world's custest dog, Mr. Winkle. I first discovered Mr. Winkle when Mike posted about him/her/it a few years ago.

But of course, for every yin, there is a yang. And for every Mr. Winkle, there has to be a Sam, the three-time champion of the World's Ugliest Dog Contest. Though, honestly, there was no contest.

And speaking of ugly, what's up with this freak?

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa