552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Truth In Advertising

There's a commercial for Pediasure that I see several times a week, in which a mother and young daughter (maybe 9 years old) are shopping together. The mother says something like "I need to buy some broccoli," and the daughter replies, "I don't like broccoli." Then the mother says she needs to get some chicken, and the little girl responds with "I don't like chicken."

Ok, I can believe that. Broccoli isn't the most kid-friendly food, though I love it. Chicken can get a little boring, so I can buy that, too.

Here's what I don't get. The mother starts walking down the frozen foods aisle and says "I need to get waffles." The little girl says "I don't think I like waffles."

Liar. What little kid doesn't like waffles, for goodness sake? First of all, it's like eating dessert for breakfast! Second, it's really fun to say. Just say it a few times.

Waffles.
Waffles.
Waffles.

See what I mean? Fun to say. And don't even get me started on Belgian Waffles. A waffle with whipped cream and fruit? Yum! I absolutely refuse to believe that Peadisure could taste better than a Belgian Waffle.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa