552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Spring of Self-Discovery

As the first day of summer reaches us, I thought I'd reflect back on the last season. In February (not technically spring yet, but roll with me here) I discovered I had a retarded kidney.

It's truly amazing what you don't know about yourself. Seriously. 35 and I have a slightly defective kidney.

You'd also think that after 35 years on this planet, and over 3 1/2 years in the South, I'd know if I was allergic to fire ants. Au contraire! Monday, I discovered that I'm very allergic to the little bastards. Hive-popping, swelling, purple-turning, difficult-breathing, ear-ringing allergic.

Thankfully, Cory and my boss forced me to go to the emergency room. (St. Francis Medical Center, who I always thought would be a much better patron saint for a veterinary hospital, but I digress.) The funny thing is, three hours at the hospital was just part of my miserable Monday. Oh, there's more. Much, much, more. However, I'm too pooped out to detail it in any fashion right now. Perhaps tomorrow.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa