552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 24, 2005

A Milestone

At 9:24 pm, Sunday, January 23, a new era was born.



I'm proud to say that I put all but about seven of those miles on my 1996 Pontiac Sunfire, which I bought brand spankin' new back in February, 1996. I special-ordered it through General Motors, and was the first person in Kirksville, Missouri to have a Sunfire. People used to stop me on the street and ask me about it. I remember, the first week that I had her, I'd park her across the street from our house and my roommate and I used to watch people as they checked out my new ride.

Posted by Hello


My baby's all grown up now. Nearly nine years later (I can't believe I've had her that long!), she's a little worse for wear. Then again, we've both seen better days.

A couple of minor accidents... a collision with a raccoon and a hit-and-run by a shopping cart... meant that she needed some body work and a new paint job a few years back. The paint is peeling now, but from a distance she still looks nice. She needed a new air conditioner, but other than that (knock on wood), she's still doing pretty well.

I talk a lot about what car I'd like to get next. I know I've mentioned the Pontiac Solstice more than once. But the day I get rid of my baby, I know I'll cry. Maybe I'll wait 100,000 more miles.

A side note:
The above picture was taken in July, 1996. A few of us, including my pal Amy Woods, took the Kissymobile to a wedding in Schaumburg, Illinois. The not-so-happy couple's been divorced for several years now... so my car's lasted longer than their marriage.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa