552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Setting a Bad Example

I've been such a bad blogger lately. I get so frustrated when my friends don't blog on a regular basis and I'm unaware of the daily minutae of their lives. Yet, here I am, blogging only once a week.

You'll notice that I'm barely keeping up with my 52 books... after being ahead by four or five weeks most of the year. See? I haven't had time to do much reading, either.

Last week was a fairly busy one, despite the fact that I got to take four whole days off. I spent one of my days off Christmas shopping and two more whole days cleaning the apartment for the impending visit from the parental units. The apartment, by the way, is still a mess... by traditional standards. By our standards, it's pretty much immaculate. I'm sure that those of you who know me well understand.

I also spent some time making this year's Christmas cards. I used to make my holiday cards every year, and I put a lot of work into them. But as I got busier and busier, my cards got uglier and uglier... until pretty soon I was just phoning it in.

This year, I put actual effort into them. However, I'm still not done with them. By the way, I may not have your address... so if you want a card, you need to email me.

Other accomplishments of the last week? I got to bring home the pottery I created in class over the last two months. I have to say, it's some pretty ugly stuff. A couple of the pieces aren't too bad... but those are the ones I'll probably end up giving to people. Cory took one in to work to use as a tiny candy dish on his desk. An ugly tiny candy dish, I might add.

Oh, and the Girlie Men won their regular season finale. I beat the league-leading Waukesha Blackazzez for the second time this year. Waukesha only lost four games all season, so it's pretty good that the Girlies topped them twice. The "playoffs" start next week-- it looks like I'll either play the Kirksville Vikings or the Kirksville Cornfed-- I'll try to post an update soon!

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa