552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, September 11, 2004

I Like Spike

Ok, I know it's "The Network for Men," but Spike TV has really appealed to me for the last week. It started on Labor Day, when I noticed a "CSI" marathon. Special for the holiday, I assumed.

Imagine my delight when I discovered it was a week-long "Best of CSI" marathon! The cable in the O&O household has been locked on channel 42 all week.

Something funny happened last night, though. We were watching the beginning of an episode, and they were scrolling the names of the guest actors, and I jumped up and pointed at the TV and said "Holy Sh*t, I know Todd Tesen!"

This was back in my speech-team days, and Todd was the uber-cool guy on Eastern Michigan University's team. My freshman year, he won prose interpretation at the national tournament. But, to be perfectly honest, he was most memorable because in addition to being a phenomenally talented actor, he was also downright sexy. Every woman on the circut (and a lot of the men) had the hots for him. He was also a fairly nice guy, and a lot of fun to hang out with, which made him even more appealing.

So, of course, I had to watch the episode. Perhaps you've seen it, since it was from this season: A female prison inmate turns up dead. A little test determines she's pregnant, and the CSI folks discover she'd been doing the wild monkey dance with the prison bus driver, played by you-know-who.

The second Todd's character appeared, I recognized him... not by his appearance, but by his voice. Strange, huh? I haven't seen this guy in probably 13 years, and I recognize his voice. The really strange thing is that when I saw him, I wasn't even sure it was him. The facial expressions looked right, but he didn't even look that familiar.

The really weird thing is that I'd seen the middle of the episode before, including his big scene in the interrogation room. I remembered the scene, even remembered thinking that the guy was a good actor... but when I saw it the first time, I had no clue I knew him.

Weird, huh? He was also in "Hulk," it turns out, and I didn't realize it was him when I saw that movie, either. And it was such a horrible movie that I'm not sure I could sit through it again. I guess I'll just have to wait until Spike TV does a bad comic book movie marathon. It can't be far away.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa