552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Welcome to My Nightmare

For the first time in the nearly four years I've been here, I finally lost it. I had a hissy fit at work.

I was in the quasi-privacy of the sports office (ok... not at all private, actually, since our office was moved several months ago to a high-traffic area) and I started to have a little nervous breakdown. I won't go into the ugly details, because, to be honest, the cause of my temper tantrum really wasn't a big deal. As I told one of my many co-workers who overheard my fit, "It had been building up since the disaster on Friday night, and I finally just lost it." To be honest, it had actually been building up for about four years.

Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for Cory, he was visiting me at work at the time. Poor thing, he had nothing better to do on a holiday than to go in to work and visit his girlfriend. He was rewarded by two minutes of me shouting and turning red.

He took me for a drive, listened to me scream and bitch and blubber, then drove me down the street to Longhorn Steakhouse for an enormous, gooey, chocolatey treat. It didn't make the world all better, but it did keep me from going postal.

When I returned to work, several people who'd witnessed my breakdown came by to check and see if I was ok. Of course, the people who royally pissed me off went along, blissfully unaware that they'd upset me at all.

The worst part? I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't concentrate the rest of the night. I felt crappy enough to call in sick today for just the second time in the four years I've been here.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa