552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Something's Rotten in Georgia

Specifically, the vegetables I bought at the grocery store tonight.

Our old apartment had one thing that our new apartment doesn't... a decent grocery store nearby. We lived just a half mile away from a Winn-Dixie (24 hours, to boot), plus a Piggly-Wiggly and a Publix. Life was good.

The closest grocery store to our apartment is a tiny little Lewis Jones store. To be honest, it's kind of a dump. The prices are pretty good, but the produce section always smells kind of bad, and the place is kind of old-looking. But, it's the closest grocery store by about two miles, so if I need something fast, that's where I go.

Not any more.

Tonight, I dashed off to the store to buy some veggies for salad. I got home, and the celery was kind of nasty and wilted and rotten-looking. I managed to salvage enough of it that I wasn't too pissed off. I'd also bought a green bell pepper, a nice small one that was just the right size to cut up for a salad. I chopped the top off of it, and a little worm was inside! Yuck! There was also a bunch of brownish-black crap in there (worm poop, I suppose). Ick, ick, ick. I was so stunned that I just shoved it down the drain, and then of course felt horribly guilty for sentencing the little worm to the garbage disposal.

So, of course, I had to go back to the store. Or more specifically, I had to go back to another store, much further away. What a waste of time (not to mention, money).


Oh, and then, when I was driving to the store, I was sitting at the light, looked in my rear view mirror, and the guy in the car behind me had his finger shoved in his nostril up to the second nostril. Seriously. And his wife was sitting right next to him. I couldn't stop staring. In fact, the car behind him had to honk at me before I realized the light had turned green.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa