552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Sunday Sports Saga

I woke up Sunday morning with a sinking feeling in my heart. We don't get HBO for free anymore, so there would be no "Inside the NFL" for me. It's my favorite of all the Sunday morning football fare, primarily because Wanda Sykes cracks me up when she does her comedic football analysis gig.

So instead, I had to watch "Sunday NFL Countdown" on ESPN... a show I find annoying because it always turns into a contest to see which host can yell the loudest. Chris Berman's the original loud football announcer (well, ok, Cosell was the original). Then slap a couple of former NFL players (or "has-beens" if you prefer) on the set with him, and let the shouting begin.

Just to make the show even more obnoxious, ESPN has added Rush Limbaugh to the cast. It's amazing... even as a sports correspondent, he still blames the media for everything! The first thing I remember him saying is that if Bill Parcells is a flop as Cowboys coach, nobody will complain because Parcells is a "media darling." But then, he criticized the media for being too tough on other players who'd had run-ins with the law.

Give me a break.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa