552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Another Obligatory Sports-Related Posting

Hooray for the Detroit Tigers!

Today, the Motor City Kitties had the opportunity to tie the major league record for most losses in a season, held by the 1962 New York Mets. In homage to the Tiggers, I wore my Detroit Tigers t-shirt to work today.

It wasn't looking good for the boys. They trailed 8-0 to the Minnesota Twins going into the bottom of the seventh. I went to dinner, convinced that I'd jinxed my team by wearing their colors.

Then I returned from dinner, to find the following headline on ESPN.com: Tigers Erase 8-Run Deficit to Avoid 120th Loss.

Now, the Tigers aren't out of the woods yet. They still have one more game this season, tomorrow afternoon. But at least they can go into the game knowing that the worst they can do is tie the Major League Losses record.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa