552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, September 26, 2003

Wedding Day, Part I

I realized that I'm now nearly a week behind on my vacation recap. So, let's head into Saturday morning. Got up pretty early, so that Cory could drive Crackhouse Nicki (Bride), Michelle (Bridesmaid #2), and I to get our hair done. We took off around 8:15 in the morning.

The highlight of the drive? Nicki's description of the food that we'd be eating at the reception later that night. To quote her directly: "...and then they slap down this hunk of beef that's so stinkin' tender it frickin' melts in your mouth..."

Seriously, with a description like that, how can you resist?

The stylist did a nice job with my hair. I've got it cut just above my shoulders, so I wasn't expecting to be able to wear it up. Not only did she put it up, but it looked great.... kind of like a giant blonde flower on the back of my head. Teri (Bridesmaid #4) said it looked like "wood chips," but she actually meant that it looked like curled wood shavings (like if you used a plane). My dad later decided that it was oak.

Off to the church we go. We get there a few hours before the wedding and immediately run into some snags. Michelle and I have left our dresses locked up in the Pastor's Office... but he's not there. Nicki's bridal gown was also AWOL. So while some of the bridesmaids got dressed, the three of us just fretted. And did our makeup. Repeatedly.

The gown managed to arrive about 45 minutes before wedding time, but since it had a big lace-up corset, we needed that time. We were planning on taking pictures of all the bridesmaids before the wedding, but that didn't happen, since we were all still primping when it was time to get the show on the road.

The wedding went off swimmingly, and despite her nickname, "Crackhouse Nicki" looked like a princess. More on the wedding and reception tomorrow. It's past my bedtime.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa