552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

This Is Sportscenter

As I write this, ESPN is airing a special called "This is Sportscenter." They're doing a two-hour behind-the-scenes look at their nightly one-hour show... and while the actual Sportscenter show airs on ESPN 2, they're showing the control room, the anchors, the reporters, the producers, the production assistants, the interns, etc. as they prepare the show. They just had breaking news, and had to squeeze it into the show completely ad-libbed. It's complete and utter chaos, and I'm loving every minute of it. It's my life, only on a much, much, much larger scale. For anyone not involved in television, I'm sure it looks like complete insanity.

I think everyone who works in television should be forced to watch this (Of course, Cory taped it). It's truly an example of how a well-oiled television machine should work.

The best comparison I can make: The scene in "Broadcast News" when all hell breaks loose during the evening news. Only it's like that for the entire hour. (And if you've never seen "Broadcast News," shame on you.)

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa