552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Can I get an "Amen?"

Fellow E-Communicators, I beg of you: Be judicious in your use of the acronym "LOL!"

Here's a simple test to determine if your use of "LOL" is appropriate: Whenever you type "LOL," think to yourself, "Am I literally Laughing Out Loud as I write this?" if not, then don't use it! If you write something marginally amusing, or you're smiling at the remark you just wrote, then you are NOT "Laughing Out Loud." Use a freakin' smiley.

Some of the things people use LOL for aren't even amusing. They're just stupid. Things like "You're so silly... LOL!" What kind of person would laugh out loud at the comment "You're so silly?" If you're laughing out loud at that, then you're either clinically insane or highly medicated.

Thanks for allowing me to climb onto my soapbox. Please, for the sake of my sanity, use "LOL" sparingly. It's all I ask.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa