552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, May 08, 2003

The Old Man Passed Away

When I was a kid, we took a summer trip back East every year. The drive to Massachusetts was lousy... thirteen hours, much of it in southern Ontario (think Iowa, only flatter). But I always loved going on little day trips, to places like Mt. Washington (the highest point east of the Mississippi), the Tall Ships in the Boston Harbor, and the like.

One of the things I remember was New Hampshire's Old Man of the Mountain, a natural rock formation. If you drive up the interstate through NH, you would drive right past it. If you've ever seen the New Hampshire state quarter, the Old Man is on the back. I had a New Hampshire T-Shirt that had a drawing of the Old Man on it.

This weekend, the Old Man of the Mountain crumbled. Funny, I feel like a little part of my childhood went with it.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa