552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Misery Loves Company

As a northerner living in the heart of Dixie... and as a transplanted Detroit Red Wings fan, I sometimes have trouble finding people who share my feelings. But I've found someone who I can commiserate with: Phil Roberto, the Cottonmouths General Manager. Phil won a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens back in the day. He also played with the St. Louis Blues , and yes, with my beloved Wings (During the Marcel Dionne/Mickey Redmond era). Last week, we were shooting the breeze about hockey, and he said that he thought Detroit could take the cup. Today, I saw him again, and we shared our distress (and awe) for the Goaltending of Jean-Sebastien Giguere, as much as I hate to admit it.

His last words to me today? "Go Wings, eh?"

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa