552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, April 13, 2003

Squeeze Play

There's a radio play-by-play guy in town named Scott Miller. Nice guy, very good at what he does. He could probably work in a much bigger city than C-Town, but for whatever reason, he's pretty attached to calling sports for C-Town State University. I also like him, because he usually gives me a shout-out on the air if he sees me at the game. But that's beside the point.

Scott has a very unique catch phrase. See if the team gives up a lot of runs or goes into a scoring slump, he tells the listeners that the spot they're sitting in isn't very lucky, and that they need to listen to the game from someplace else... their "lucky spot." Being a very superstitious sports fan, I totally buy into it.

Then, if the team starts to rally, he tells the fans not to move from their "lucky spot." But it gets great when it's a really close game... bottom of the ninth, runners in scoring position, etc. He tells everyone, "find that lucky spot and squeeze it! Squeeze it tight!"

My point? After the Red Wings lost today, I apparently need to figure out where the hell my lucky spot is and squeeze it until it turns blue. I'd advise you all to do the same.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa