552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, March 06, 2003

Pleese Occifer, Don't Give Me A Certificate...

So, I had to drive to Macon (Georgia, not Missouri) today, about a two-hour trip. It's one of those drives that shouldn't be that bad, since it's about 100 miles due East of here, but there's no interstate that stretches from here to there, so it's a lot of two-lane road and state highways. There's really only about four towns on the entire drive, so its a pretty boring drive. I was going pretty fast (72 in a 55), and got pulled over by a Georgia State Patrol officer. We were on the outskirts of our viewing area, and, of course, I was driving one of the enormous "News Leader 9" vans. The officer only gave me a warning (Thank God).

Trust me, it wasn't one of those bat-your-eyelashes and flirt-with-the-cop kind of situations. I looked hot and sweaty and kind of unclean. I think it may have helped that I was in Taylor County, Georgia, and told him I was on my way to see the Taylor County High School basketball team in the State Tournament at the Macon Centreplex. Then again, maybe he was just a nice guy.

Tomorrow, another trip to Macon. I'll be taking it a little more slowly this time.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa