552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 05, 2003

Wild Card Weekend

I guess I wouldn't be the "Sports Lady" without discussing some recent developments in the world of sports.

First of all, what's up with this? Maurice Clarett makes one freakin' tackle in the National Championship game, and all of a sudden he's Mark Gastineau? Ok, when the season started, I was pretty impressed with the kid. Then I realized how impressed the kid is with himself: "I'm too much of an athlete just to play on one side of the ball." Dear Lord. If I were OSU, I'd encourage him to enter the draft ASAP. The Horseshoe might not be big enough to hold his ego next season.

And what the hell is going on in the NFL? On Saturday, the Jets beat the everloving snot out of the Colts. I mean, I expected the Jets to win, but 41-nothing? Then, the Packers lose at Lambeau Field for the first time ever! No wonder Brett Favre is considering retirement.

Then today, two of the biggest comebacks in playoff history. The Steelers rally from a 17 point deficit to beat the Browns, then not to be outdone, the 49ers overcome a 24 point gap to oust the Giants. I guess they're just putting the "Wild" in "Wild-Card."

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa