552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, January 04, 2003

The Genesis of the "Sports Lady"

Those of you who lived in Kirksville probably already know me as the "Sports Lady." See, it seems I don't have a name. After 2 1/2 years on the air in Kirksville/Ottumwa, I couldn't go anywhere without folks recognizing me. Every trip to "the mall" (a.k.a Wal-Mart) brought random people coming up to me, all uttering the same query:

"Aren't you the Sports Lady?"

Of course I am.
Now, being the "Sports Lady" brings with it a great responsibility. Apparently, it's my fault if your favorite team loses. So Green Bay Packers fans, Miami Hurricane fans, Indianapolis Colts fans... it's not that your teams suck... it's just my fault.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa