552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

The last few weeks have been pretty rough around the O'Dizzle homestead. I don't really feel like going into detail about it. Let's just say that this Thursday Thirteen is half venting my anger, and half a pep talk to myself.

Thirteen Reasons why losing my job isn't the worst thing in the world:
1) I still make less money than I did as a teacher ten years ago.
2) The construction on Palm Beach Boulevard may never end.
3) I might... someday... get to work "normal" days and hours (working until midnight-- at the earliest-- on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays sucks).
4) I won't have to deal with the Boston Red Sox-- or the (ugh) Boston media-- any more.
5) No more calls on my cell phone waking me up every morning with the "plan for today."
6) Never having to smell a hockey locker room again.
7) Pretty soon, I'll be able to go to the store without makeup (and wearing sweatpants) and nobody will recognize me.
8) Very few of my co-workers talk to me anyway, so I won't really miss most of them.
9) Unless I get a job on a highway road crew, I probably won't have to sweat my ass off out in the sun every day of the spring, summer, and fall (and parts of winter).
10) No more hanging out at high schools. I had a high school kid scream "Whore!" at me last week when I wouldn't put him on TV. Very nice.
11) No more lugging around a 27-pound camera. Or a 15-plus pound tripod. I'll be spending a lot less money on ibuprofen.
12) The pride of cashing a $275.00 unemployment compensation check every week. Because nothing is better for your self-esteem than sucking off of the government's teat.
13) There'll be cake on my last day. Or at least, there'd damn well better be cake. If not, I might just burn the effing building down.

Want to check out other people's (probably much less depressing) Thursday Thirteens? Then visit the T-13 Blogroll!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa