552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, July 11, 2005

Ebay Update

I know, I know. You all want a link to the stuff I've put on ebay. I considered making it into a scavenger hunt... where every day I give you a hint, and make you try to find the items I've put up for auction.

Problem is, my first set of auctions is over, and I haven't had the time to put anything new up on ebay yet. So it would be pretty hard for you to find them. That's out.

So my first crop of crap has sold on ebay... eight items, seven of them toys from my childhood. There's a story behind item number eight, though.

Cory's convinced that people will buy anything if it's on ebay. I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yeah, people bought all my crap, but it was good crap. Some Breyer horses, some doll house furniture. When I've gotten rid of all of that, I'll start working on the model train stuff.

Working on Cory's theory though, I ran an idea past Jan one night. "I should just make some crappy paintings and try to sell them." I have the art supplies, all I'd really need to pay for is the canvas.

Thus began the great ebay art experiment.

So I made a couple of really silly, cheesy paintings of cats. And when the paint dried, I put them up on ebay, for about a buck more than I spent on the canvas. And somebody actually bought them. Ok, maybe they bought them as a joke gift for a friend. But maybe they bought them because they liked them. That much, I don't know.

It's at this point that I should mention that I actually have some artistic talent. No, you really can't see it in the two kitties I painted, so you'll have to trust me on this. I'm no Artemisia Gentileschi, but I can color inside the lines pretty nicely.

Up until now, the only people who have my "art" hanging in their homes are family members. Let me tell you, it's a strange feeling to know that someone I've never met will have something I painted in their house. Maybe Cory's right... people will buy anything on ebay.

So, here's where you come in. I paint better when I have a good idea. Problem is, I'm plum out of ideas, good or otherwise. So I want you to give me suggestions for my next ebay "masterpiece." I want a subject and I want a style. You can suggest color schemes, medium (acrylic, watercolor, oil), even size of the painting (but remember, the bigger the canvas, the more I'll have to spend). Be as vague or as specific as you want. And no, I won't make you buy the painting if it doesn't sell on ebay.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get to it! You wanted to be a part of my budding ebay entrepenuership... here's your chance!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa