552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, June 28, 2004

Three Things...

That put me in a really good mood today:

1) I got to wear new clothes today. Back in the winter (maybe November or December?), I spotted a really nice silk blazer on clearance at Ross. Get this: $9.99-- and it fit! There was just one catch: the jacket is cream-colored. Not exactly appropriate for the winter months. So today, for the first time, I wore it. I know it's shallow, but new clothes make me happy.

2) I've been listening to very little "modern" music lately. I usually only listen to the stereo when I'm driving, and I'm usually in a pretty tense mood because I'm going to or from work. If I'm not listening to ESPN Radio, I'm usually listening to one of the comedy channels on XM, or I'm listening to an oldies station. Oldies usually put me in a better mood. So, tonight, as I was driving home for my dinner break, I was listening to the 70s channel on XM, and they played "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees. There's something about Disco that perks me up. I don't think it's a coincidence that the happiest years of my life were years I listened to a lot of disco.

3) For the third night in a row, I made the green light at the intersection of Macon Road and I-185. I pass through this intersection at least a few times every day. See, to go northbound on the interstate from Macon Road, you have to turn left at the intersection. It's a pretty busy juncture, so there's a green arrow. Problem is, the arrow lasts for about 10 seconds... and if you don't time it perfectly, you have to wait a very long time for the next green arrow. Granted, two of the three times I made the light, I fudged it a little and turned as it was yellow. But tonight, it was totally, completely, and legitimately green.

Sometimes it doesn't take much...

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa