552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Return from a Brief Hiatus

What a weekend. Thursday morning I woke up to some pretty bad news. I won't go into detail about it right now... Eventually I'll have to discuss it with y'all... this just isn't really the time or the place.

Then on Friday, a very long day at work. It started at about 10am, when I had to spend the day at the state cheerleading championships. Now, say what you want about cheerleaders being Stepford-wife-wanna-be's with their creepy Lee Press-On smiles... these kids are amazing athletes. The problem is that I spent way too much time at the Civic Center, with way too much equipment, and way too little food available. (I didn't find the hospitality suite until Friday). I got back to the station, put together a package for the 6:00 news, then had to go shoot a high school basketball game. By the time I was done with work it was nearly eight at night.

The nice thing was that a couple of folks at work had a little shindig, and I actually got to hang out for a while. Cory and I always talk about how we don't have any friends, so we try to take every possible opportunity I can get to have a social life. But it seems like one, or both, of us are always working or out of town whenever folks have a get-together.

Needless to say, it was nice to feel like we actually had friends for a night.

Today was ridiculous. In a nut-shell... Five trips to the station, four trips to the Civic Center, one trip to Golden Park, and one trip to CVCC.

And speaking of CVCC... Whose idea was it to start the college baseball season in the First week of February????

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa