552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The Sportslady's Book Club

All right. This is going to sound kind of pathetic. I've recently rediscovered reading.

There was a time in my life when it seems like all I did was read. I'm pretty sure I read every book in the Young Adult section of the Rochester Hills Public Library. But then came college, and grad school, and the next thing I knew, the only reading I did was trying to find performance pieces for my kids on the Forensics Squad.

Sometime in the late 90s, I discovered books on tape. Don't laugh. A couple times a year, I'd drive from Missouri to Michigan, and books on tape kept me sane. I got caught up on some of my favorite authors, rediscovered some new favorites, and survived the lengthy drives without falling asleep at the wheel. Sure, some of the books I "read" were fluff, but that's ok, right?

Well, on Kelly's blog, she's taken on the challenge of reading 52 books in 52 weeks. Not a difficult task, right? But challenging for me. After all, I'm the girl that just skipped nearly an entire week of blogging because my mom was in town.

So far, it's a pretty pathetic list:
1. Prey by Michael Crichton
2. Tishomingo Blues by Elmore Leonard.

That's right... I'm already three weeks behind. I suspect a fiasco similar to NaNoWriMo is over the horizon.

Oh, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I read "Prey" this year, or if I read it in December. But for now, I'm counting it.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa