552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, July 24, 2003

I'll Say "Hi" To Elton For You

I'll be taking a trip to lovely Buckhead on Thursday. Buckhead is the trendy "let's go clubbing" part of Atlanta. It's where Ray Lewis didn't murder a guy at a bar (or at least, that's what my lawyers advise me to say). It's where Ruth's Chris Steak House is, and where the ESPN Zone Restaurant is, and where Elton John owns a penthouse.

I won't be there to imbibe, or to shake my booty, or even to visit good ol' Reginald Dwight. I'll be there for the State Little League tournament. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Actually, it's pretty cool. Four years ago, the Little League National Champs came from across the river in Phenix City, Alabama (They lost to Japan in the World Series). Last year, C-Town had the Georgia state champions and Phenix City had the Alabama state champs. They faced each other in the regionals in Florida, and it was a bigger deal than the Atlanta Braves winning their zillionth straight division title. One of the local radio stations even broadcasted the game live.

In other local sports news, the Cottonmouths will name their new head coach tomorrow. I've spent hours scouring all of the hockey rumor sites on the internet, and I still don't have an inkling who it will be. Guess I'll just have to wait like everybody else.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa