552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, July 25, 2003

Friday Five

We're a whole five minutes into Friday, so I figure I'd get a jump start on this week's Five.

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
Crap. It took me two days to come up with the title for this blog (and the best I could do was "Postcards From Columbus").
2. What songs would be on the soundtrack? I'm thinking it would have to be lots of stuff from the '70s and '80s, since I really stopped listening to top-40 radio in 1988.
3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why? I'm not a superhero like the Powerpuff Girls or Stripperella, so I guess it would be live-action.
4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc? My friend Mike has told me on more than one occasion that I look like Laura Dern, though I think I look more like Steffi Graf. I've also been told I bear a resemblance to a young Judith Light (Who's the boss, indeed). Carol Burnett would have to play Jan (my mom), because they're both funny redheads. I'm not sure who would play my dad, Steve. Bob Newhart, maybe. They both have a very dry sense of humor. (I should note here that both Burnett and Newhart are too old to play Jan & Steve) As for Cory... that's a tough one. He'd probably love it if Will Ferrell played him, though Brett Favre proved his acting mettle in "There's Something About Mary".
5. Describe the movie preview/trailer. Lots of exploding stuff and loud music. ha! Actually, I'd probably go for a narrative style trailer.
"Hi, (shot of me on the news set) People call me the Sportslady. (shot of me interviewing somebody really cool)I know it sounds like a cool job, (shot of me walking into a locker room) but once you've caught a whiff inside a hockey team's locker room, all the glamour is gone (shot of me running out of locker room and gagging). But then one day, everything changed..."
Only problem is, nothing has changed. I guess that's where the fictional part would have to come in.

Ok, your turn. Hopefully you can do better than I did.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa