552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, May 20, 2005

On the Road Again...

Last week, it was Selma, Alabama, where the Glenwood Gators won the AISA State Baseball title. This week, it was Montgomery, where the Russell County Warriors won the AHSAA Championship. I've been road-tripping a lot.

Yesterday, it caught up with me. I had to be in Montgomery in the morning to cover the Russell County/Pinson Valley championship game. I ended up parking a little over a quarter-mile away from the stadium (The media parking area was "full," despite the fact that a station from Birmingham arrived about ten minutes after I was and they were allowed to park there). After taking two trips to carry all of my equipment to the park, then standing in the sun in 85-degree heat for two hours, I got a little pooped. Ok... more than a little pooped. At one point while interviewing the coach after the game, things started to get all fuzzy and my knees started to give out. Not cool.

What was cool, however, was Riverwalk Stadium. It was my first time there, and it was really nice. The city built the site at the old train depot, and as you can see from the pictures, they built the stadium right into the depot. Cory and I will have to go sometime to see the Montgomery Biscuits.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa