552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Week In Review

The lazy blogger returns.

So, I didn't blog much this week... I'd like to say that it was because I was busy... and I was, to an extent. But at the same time, I wasn't that busy. Just preoccupied. I'll try to summarize my week day-by-day, though some days were pretty uneventful.

Monday

Like I said, some days were pretty uneventful. Worked late because of Monday Night Football. I did, unbelievably, have some actual social interaction with other people. Cory and I went out for our dinner break with a couple co-workers, Mary Beth and Vanessa (a.k.a "Nessakaboobie." Don't ask).

After the football game ended, I had to head out to complete shopping for Cory's birthday (Tuesday). There's only one 24-hour grocery store in the vicinity of our apartment, so at 1 a.m., I was off to the Winn-Dixie. Bought stuff for Cory's birthday cake. Then, I had to swing by Wal-Mart to pick up Cory's third and final birthday present, the Star Wars Trilogy DVD, which came out on Tuesday, so I couldn't buy it until after midnight.

Got home around 2:15 a.m. Went to bed.

Tuesday

Cory's 28th birthday. Got up at about 9:30 am to start making his cake, in hopes that it would be finished by noon before he had to go to work. I was making a cookies-n-cream ice cream cake. So, I had to bake the cake part first. Got it all mixed, got it in the oven by about 10:15. Check the cake at 10:45. Nowhere near done. Check again at 10:52. Still nowhere near done. Somewhere in the process, my oven decides to shut itself off. No Joke. Since it was still hot in the oven every time I checked on the cake, I didn't realize it was off for quite some time. Finally, I make the discovery, finish baking the cake. It took about an hour and a half. And I still had to wait for the cake to cool before I could add the ice cream.

Needless to say, it wasn't done before noon. In fact, it wasn't done before 2pm when I had to leave for work.

A side note here. I was at work, bitching about my cake-baking fiasco, and one of my co-workers who overheard my rant actually said (and I quote), "Uhhh... Maybe your problem is that you were trying to make an ice cream cake in an oven. Duh!"

Now I admit... I'm blonde, and sometimes I act pretty blonde. But she wasn't being sarcastic. She was being completely serious. Do I come off as that stupid? For God's sake, I have a Master's Degree and a standing invitation to MENSA! But apparently, I'm too dumb to understand that you can't bake ice cream and keep it cold at the same time.

I calmly explained to my co-worker that if you don't have cake in an ice cream cake, all you have is ice cream. And that's not a cake.

Anyway, we went out to Texas Roadhouse for our dinner break. It's one of Cory's favorites.

Cory's other b-day presents, if you're interested... a couple of books:
Wilco: Learning How to Die
ESPN 25

The cake was finally finished at about midnight. It was pretty good, though I'm not big on ice cream cake, or cookies-n-cream flavor.

Wednesday

"My Saturday."
Since Cory had to put in some hours at work this weekend, he got to take four hours off on Wednesday. We didn't do anything special... just slept in and then went shopping for a little while.

After Cory got off work, we went to the dollar theater to see "I Robot." I was really kind of expecting the worst, so I was actually pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Thursday

I really didn't do much of anything all day long. I've been working on a painting of the Columbus Riverwalk, and finished it on Thursday night. I don't think it's that great, but Cory thinks it's pretty.

Friday

Sports Overtime. Football, Football, and more Football.
One funny thing happened. I was shooting the Brookstone/Taylor County game, and early in the first quarter, the Taylor County quarterback was running the ball on a bootleg towards my sideline. The QB was heading straight for me, and the Brookstone defender was heading straight for him. If he missed the tackle, then the QB could have busted out a pretty nice run, and perhaps even scored a touchdown... so I was backing up very slowly in order to keep rolling on the play.

The Quarterback ran out of bounds right in front of me, the defender crashed into him, I tried to jump back to avoid getting hit as well, and there I went, ass-over-teakettle. The camera shot was pretty funny... Collision, sky, my feet, my hair, my intern (laughing and saying "are you ok?"), then grass. My arm was twisted all the way around, and about 20 people asked me if I was ok. I was, at the time. Today (Saturday), my back, shoulders, and bum are killing me.

Of course, the photographer from our competition got beautiful video of my embarrassing moment. By the time I got back to work, I already had an email from one of their anchors (Blaine), making a smart-ass remarks about my tumble. The subject line of the email? "Ouch!"

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa