552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Thank God for Mom and Dad

So, as you know, my mom visited last week. We didn't get on each other's nerves too much, so it was a pretty nice visit. She told me that it was the best vacation she'd been on in a long time, but I don't think that's saying much, since she always gets sick when she goes on vacation and has a miserable time as a result.

I have to say, it was a pretty good vacation for me. We were going to be doing a lot of driving, so we rented a car for the week. My car's pretty reliable, but it was in the upper 70s and low 80s all week, and my air conditioner's been busted for about a year and a half. Not fun in the hot Georgia sun.

Out of the blue, my dad, Steve, decided to pay (about $475) to get my A/C fixed. How cool is that? Then, on top of that, Jan bought me a new gas grill for our patio.

This leads me to a clash of ideals, though. I'm only child, so I was a little spoiled, but nothing to the extent that I've been seeing lately. I always mock my friends when their Moms and Dads baby them. For example, Cory's mom takes care of all his banking and credit card bills. Some of my co-workers live in the lap of luxury because their parents pay their rent. They drive cars that their mommies and daddies bought for them. Then, there's one of my former co-workers, who got fired a few months back. When she left town, her parents bought her a plane ticket, then her dad all the way down from Wisconsin to move all her stuff for her!

Am I becoming one of them???

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa