552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, October 16, 2003

The Goat Strikes Again

There is no joy in Mudville.

As I left for the movie theater tonight, the Cubs had a 5-3 lead over the Florida Marlins. Not a commanding lead, especially after Tuesday night's fiasco, but enough of a lead to make me feel comfortable about going to a movie.

My little dream of a Cubs/RedSox world series just went down the crapper, with a 9-6 Florida win at Wrigley tonight. Now, pending the results of the ALCS and the curse of the Bambino, there could conceiveably be a Yankees/Marlins World Series. Is there anyone outside of New York and Miami that would actually watch that?

By the way, if you're at all interested in the origins of the "Curse of the Goat" and the "Curse of the Bambino," I've provided some links.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa