552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, July 11, 2003

Vacation Story #1

All right, so I promised vacation stories. I'll try to keep them brief... we don't need a novel like my airport saga yesterday.

This trip back to Michigan, I made it a priority to see some old friends. There are several people I wish I could see, but some of them have moved outside of the Detroit area, and some were out of town (My Art History pal Sue was in France, sampling their fine cheeses, breads, and kisses, I hope).

Over the weekend, I got to see Beth, a friend of mine from my years on the OU Forensics team. She was my "dramatic duo" partner for two years, before I realized that my acting skills were pathetic. Beth is married to another former teammate of ours, Rob, who wasn't able to come along (she left him home with the kids). The last time I saw Beth was well over three years ago, when she had just found out she was pregnant with their first child.


I was afraid it would be kind of weird seeing her, since we haven't really kept in touch since we graduated from Oakland, but it's amazing what some Mongolian Barbecue and Cheesecake can do for the bonding experience. Kind of sad that I didn't get to see Rob, or meet the kids, but I know getting to have lunch without having to keep an eye on the little ones is a treat for her. Anyway, she looked younger than the last time I'd seen her, which doesn't seem very fair.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa